The International Society for Anthrozoology (ISAZ) is excited to announce that its 27th International conference, "Animals in Our Lives: Multidisciplinary Approaches to the Study of Human–Animal Interactions" will be held from 2 to 5 July, 2018 in Sydney, Australia. This will be the first time the ISAZ has held a conference in the southern hemisphere – going Down Under – and we warmly invite you to join us at the Charles Perkins Centre, University of Sydney.
*BeSydney Video - Japanese subtitles
Take advantage of the legendary hospitality of Australia to present a paper, promote your human–animal organization or simply to satisfy your curiosity about human–animal interactions.
Anthrozoology is a multidisciplinary field – we welcome talks and posters from the arts and humanities, the social sciences, and the natural sciences on any aspect of human–animal interaction and any species of animal, using qualitative and/or quantitative methods. Critical reviews are also welcome.
Some of the topics we are interested in hearing about include, in no particular order:
- Human–wildlife conflict/interactions
- Animals in human health and development
- Interactions with invertebrate animals
- Grief studies
- Animals kept in zoos – visitor studies; attitudes toward zoos
- Animals used in farming: effects of stockpersons on; attitudes toward
- Strategies to keep animals out of shelters and improve rehoming rates
- Cultural and cross-cultural studies (e.g., indigenous people’s relationships with animals)
- Attitudes toward animals and animal issues
- Animal personality research
- Representations of human–animal interaction – e.g., art, literature, media – and their influence on human–animal interactions
- Historical aspects of our interactions with other animals
- Cruelty to animals/animal abuse
- The ethics of animal use
We acknowledge and pay respect to the traditional owners of the land on which the University of Sydney is built – the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation – and we thank the animals which enrich this country.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sydney and Australia!
To receive updates about ISAZ 2018, please join the mailing list here.